In Notepad++, clicking View > Show Symbol > Show All Characters produces the following:
- Spaces are materialized with dots
- TABs are materialized with right arrows
- CR/LFs are displayed with CR/LF icons
- Probably more cases that I'm not aware of
Is there a way to replicate this behavior? I am currently working with big painful CSV files (Excel or CSVEasy are not options), and seeing all the characters is invaluable here.
Thanks for your help.
Keep the good work!
Maybe it's just me, but I find the current icon doesn't describe the application very well. From what I can tell, it's supposed to display that Sublime is focused on the middle of the window, ergo, the code.
A new logo and icon would add a new lease of life to it. Especially for advertising the new editor!
I'm not a designer myself so I wouldn't be able to do this myself. And like always, this is just an idea!
Ideally, my version in the User package dir would be the only one displayed.
I like to be upto date with the latest version, but forcing me to update by stopping my work, is probably not a right idea. Show a warning (subtle) message that there is a newer version, that you might want to upgrade, but do not disable already running version on my pc, because there is a newer One. I might be out of bandwidth, or might not have to time to update now, and Now I cant use the currently installed one...
- View direct feedback of code changes
- Display code as blocks inside a table, not multiple files as tabs (all your code visible in a single window, no need for switching tabs anymore)
This is a similar feature with Atom, wherein whenever you edit a file, the folder path to that file and the file it self changes its color or gets highlighted. This helps the user to easily track his/her changes especially on a very congested project.
- indentation_size/indent_level (integer): number of spaces to use to indent code, which is not the same as "tab_size"
- compress_spaces_with_tabs_on_indentation (boolean): to specify that spaces should be converted to tabs when you reach a certain level of indentation (e.g. 8 spaces compressed to 1 tab if tab_size=8)
Customer support service by UserEcho